For over twenty years, RRE Ventures has been one of the premier venture capital firms in New York. We pride ourselves not only on investing in great entrepreneurs and delivering stellar returns to our investors, but also on being supportive partners to our portfolio companies and active members of our community.
To deepen our engagement with both our companies and our community, RRE’s Investment Team is hiring an Analyst responsible for working closely with the partners of the firm and other senior professionals, sourcing new investments for the firm, supporting our existing portfolio companies, and assisting with other internal needs of the firm.
A great Analyst must work collaboratively with members of the investment team, thrive in unstructured work environments, and take initiative to deliver value to the firm and our portfolio. The job will include assisting the partnership in all aspects of their daily activities, sourcing investments for the firm, conducting independent research on emerging spaces, supporting portfolio companies, and analyzing investment opportunities.
A love for and understanding of emerging technologies is essential as Analysts are responsible for producing thoroughly researched and reasoned investment recommendations for technologies that, typically, do not yet exist in the marketplace. This job isn’t for everyone, but if you’re gregarious, confident, smart, hard-working, thorough, and tough, it could be for you.
- Support the partnership in all aspects of investment team activity: Writing investment memos, assisting partners with deal diligence, remaining abreast of emerging tech trends, preparing presentations, and presenting research
- Handle inbound and outbound deal sourcing, meet with founders, perform research on specific sectors, and diligence potential investments
- Support the partnership in day to day non investment activity, such as content generation, setting up speaking engagements, and managing industry events
- Assist portfolio companies in a board observer capacity, work directly with portfolio company management teams on product, hiring, fundraising, business development and execution of the business
- Demonstrated passion for technology, startups and the NYC ecosystem
- A Bachelor's Degree
- 1 to 3 years experience at a startup, technology company, consulting firm, or investment bank
- Desire to continue learning and contribute in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and attention to detail
- The role is based in NYC and is a full time position requiring flexibility of schedule, a willingness to travel, and the ability to work long hours when necessary
HOW TO APPLY
- Send the below information to email@example.com with the title “Investment Analyst: [Insert Name]
- A brief bio
- Why are you interested in this role?
- What is a current trend you think is interesting in the tech community?
- Links to social media presence (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Other work (hacks, designs, blog posts, etc.)