THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED.
We're looking for someone who is deeply passionate and knowledgeable about technology and markets, has exceptional analytical skills, and will serve as a draw for, and support to, incredible entrepreneurs.
Because our team is small, our analyst is expected to take initiative, support a wide range of activities in parallel, and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Specifically, our analyst:
- identifies new opportunities, both specific start-ups and broad themes,
- supports the analysis, diligence, and execution of new and follow-on financings,
- is the point person on fund analysis for the investment team and LPs,
- provides strategic and financial analysis to our portfolio companies,
- becomes actively engaged in all aspects of New York's start-up community,
- and works with each member of our investment team.
There is no "right" or typical background for the role. However, the ideal candidate will have:
- a degree in computer science, engineering, design or similar from a top university,
- 1-4 years of experience at a technology company, consulting firm, or investment bank,
- demonstrated leadership and entrepreneurial experience,
- a balance between being analytical and imaginative,
- and an excellent network in the start-up communities in New York and Silicon Valley.
You’re probably a good fit if you:
- spend your weekends building things, taking things apart, tinkering,
- consider the terms nerd, hacker, mad scientist, or odd as compliments,
- consider your brain and body as objects to be hacked into higher levels of efficiency,
- welcome our future robot overlords,
- understand the terms HN, agile, innovator's dilemma, and UIUX,
- and most importantly, genuinely care about working with great people.
We expect a tremendous amount from our analyst, but we believe it is one of the best opportunities to enter the venture capital industry! Starting date is flexible for summer/fall 2014.
Candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, optional links to content (GitHub, Twitter, Medium, Tumblr, blog, etc.), and a description of why you would be an excellent candidate.