RRE is Hiring an Analyst!Adam Ludwin Jun 05, 2012 Back to blog
THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED.
RRE Ventures is hiring an analyst to join our early-stage investment team in New York.
We're looking for someone who is deeply passionate and knowledgable about technology and markets, has exceptional analytical skills, and will serve as a draw for, and support to, incredible entrepreneurs.
Because our team is small and we only have one analyst, he or she is expected to take initiative, support a wide range of activities in parallel, and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Specifically, our analyst:
- identifies new opportunities - both specific start-ups and broad themes,
- supports the analysis, dilligence, and execution of new and follow-on financings,
- is the point person on fund analysis and documentation for the investment team and limited partners,
- provides strategic and financial analysis to our portfolio companies,
- becomes actively engaged in all aspects of New York's start-up community,
- and works with each member of our investment team.
Given the wide range of activities our analyst is responsible for, there is no "right" or typical background for the role. However, the ideal candidate will have:
- a degree in computer science, engineering, economics or a related field from a top university,
- 1-4 years experience at a technology company, consulting firm, or investment bank,
- demonstrated leadership and entrepreneurial experience,
- a balance between being analytical and imaginative
- and an excellent network in the start-up communities in New York and Silicon Valley.
We expect a tremendous amount from our analyst, but we believe it is one of the best opportunities to enter the venture capital industry. Candidates should email email@example.com.